Goal setting




Unrelated to the new year.. I have some goals that were set late last year. I was a supporter on Kickstarter for the Self Journal. 

The big three were
  1. Overcome shopping addiction
  2. lose the 10kg (or put it another way lose the 4inches on my waist) I gained in 2015 through my over eating and sugar snacking
  3. Take up art again

I started the journey last Dec with the shopping addiction. I blogged about it here

My Journals came late last week. Thursday I think. I have been wanting some time to sit down and review my goals for the next 13 weeks. 
The packaging was pretty awesome but as you know.. a journal can sit unused and therefore be a waste of money. 

Opening it, there is a huge amount of info re goal setting and this is designed to help you with one goal for 13 weeks.  This is not a multi goal journal. You can have multi journals but eh,... too hard., the idea here, is to pick one goal and spend the next 13 weeks achieving it. 
The pdf called Roadmap has these points to help you set a goal. 



  1. What drives you everyday? Why do you get out of bed? (besides putting food on the table)
  2. Before you pass away, what’s one mark you want to leave on the world?
  3. What is one area of your life you want to improve?
  4. What is your long term goal in this area that you would love to get to?
  5. How can this goal be broken down into a step-by-step plan?
  6. What are the barriers to achieving this right now?
  7. What is the next step to achieving this goal?
  8. What is good about this goal - what are the benefits to you?
  9. What qualities or skills do you possess that will help you reach this goal? (don’t be coy)
  10. What resources or assistance will you need to reach your goal?
  11. Where can you find people on the path to a similar goal in the same area?
  12. What are the things that might get in your way as you work toward your goal?
  13. How will you reward yourself when you achieve your goal?
  14. How will you check on your progress and make sure that your plan is working?
  15. Which do you enjoy more: The feeling of achieving the goal, or the process of trying to reach
The Daily rituals PDf has useful pointers.

In the morning:
1. Have a large glass of water with lemon
Not only will this wake your body up by getting your metabolism
going, but it will also rehydrate you after hours of no water. Imagine
not drinking water for the next 8 hours? Feeling thirsty? That’s
essentially what you just did while you were sleeping. Your brain is
75% water. When you’re dehydrated, your brain operates on less fuel
than it needs, which makes you feel lethargic and drained.
If you like the taste, add a few drops of lemon juice in the water. It
aids digestion, boosts the immune system, balances pH levels, clears
skin (due to antioxidants), and even freshens your breath.
2. Exercise or do some physical activity
Get your body moving and the blood flowing, whether it’s going for
a run, a mini-workout, or walking your dog, it will get you primed for
the day. Doing some physical activity daily will make you stronger and
healthier, and it will improve your endurance.

3. Meditate & Clear your mind
Meditation is about maintaining your focus on a single thing (such
as breathing or sounds) and blocking out distractions. While some
people meditate for hours a day, it may not be possible or beneficial
to your schedule; so, start with a few minutes in the morning. It will
make a difference. 5 minutes of meditation can help your focus,
productivity, and stress levels for the rest of the day.
New to meditation? 
4. Get in a Positive Mindset
Priming your mind for positivity in the morning will make a massive
difference in your day.
Whether it’s showing gratitude by writing out 3 things you’re thankful
for or saying a simple positive affirmation such as, “I will have a great
day and achieve everything I plan today,” you will be setting a tone
that will stick.
5. Eat a Healthy Breakfast
Your productivity is determined by the fuel you give your brain
therefore the food you eat can affect your entire day. Therefore the
biggest “productivity hack” is fuelling your body with the best food for
the day to keep you energized and nourished.
Choose a protein rich breakfast such as eggs, a protein smoothie or
shake or some Greek yogurt with some berries and nuts or seeds.
Protein is important to jump start the neurotransmitters in the brain
that enhance mental function.
6. Read and/or Write out Your Goals
Life gets busy and hectic as things come up during our day that we
weren’t expecting. Whether they are big or small, we all have things
that we want to accomplish. Each morning, you should be reciting or
writing (preferably both) your goals for the day. This way, your goals
will stay on top of your mind, and your brain will align your actions to
them.
7. Take 10 Minutes to Plan Your Day
Most people live in a reactive mode rather than a proactive mode.
By simply taking a few minutes each day to plan what you would like
to happen, you will be ahead of 95% of everyone else. Take some
private time to consider what you wish to achieve today, and set an
intention.
8. Set Your Most Important Tasks (MITs)
After reviewing your goals in Step 5, you should pick the 3 tasks that
will have the biggest long-term impact on your life.
Write these 3 things down on a piece of paper (maybe 1 per sticky
note) and place it somewhere you’ll see it throughout the day. Make
sure these 3 things are actually realistic to get done and not just
hopeful wishes.
If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first
thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat
two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.
~ MARK TWAIN ~

9. Eat the Frog
Your willpower is strongest first thing in the morning so this is the
best time to take advantage of it and do your hardest task, your “frog”
first. By accomplishing your hardest task first you’re more likely to
complete it and also set yourself up for a successful day as the rest of
your tasks will be easier.
Sleep

OK 

SO what did I choose to be my Self Journal goal. Weight/Waist. OK I am a body positive blogger. I love the community I have met but I am also OK with myself wanted to be the best me I can be. I know I am an in-betweenie being a size 16/18 but I would prefer 16 to be frank.I was healthier and slept better at 10kg lighter. I have trouble with my knees, feet and hips as my weight climbs. Hell atm in flats my feet ache just walking.
I chose my health. No matter what that brings. I aim going to beat my health issues this year (where possible) 

Here is my journal. SO far.






Do you have a system to keep you on track? Do you have goals for the next month or two?? LMK!



Comments

Popular Posts