Inspired by Rosie

Though I'm not a Christmas person.. Lets try not to be a downer. Questions from Heide Knepper via Rosie



What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
Actually I don't have one, the tradition is not having an Xmas. The closest thing to a tradition is I take a huge leg of Ham to work for work Xmas food with my colleagues.  They bring salads etc.. I usually dress up in something sparkly or silly. Always bright. This year. Home for once.Time for a new tradition?

What is your favourite Christmas song?
I wrote my own when I was a bus driver and doing charters on Xmas eve. LOL. I love Maria Carey's All I want for Xmas is you.



Do you decorate before or after Thanksgiving?

Don't have Thanksgiving in OZ so  I decorate (If I do at all) around the 20th of Dec

Tinsel or garland?

Tinsel. No contest

Who are you most excited to see this this Christmas season?

My H. I have seen my brother already this year for the first time in 10 years we were at the same table for a meal. My son had not seen his uncle since he was 5. He had no memory of his Aunt Mel.


Do you own an ugly Christmas jumper?
Too hot usually for jumpers but I have an Xmas tee... I think I donated it to charity recently

What is one Christmas food you just can't live without?

Egg Nog. Coles sells a cold version and I need it!!!

Peppermint or gingerbread?

Both, though if forcing the issue, peppermint

Have you ever tried a fruit cake?
Yes I love my mother's fruit cake as I hate nuts and apricot and she leaves that out. I do prefer Xmas pudding to cake but at 40C who wants to boil a pudding?? I prefer a light cake to a heavy one.

What is one thing you've asked for this Christmas?
To spend it with H. Alas he has commitments for the AM but that's the price you pay when you have your children in another town. I feel like a bitch feeling this way but It may be my last Xmas at home for a decade. (Or it may not)

If you could be any Christmas movie character, who would you be?
Scrooge. I am still spending on myself and resent the need to be Xmasy when its so foreign to me. I am getting help. :)  This year I am so very lucky and I will keep remembering that. I am blessed with loved ones, close friends and I have everything I need.


May you all have a wonderful day and say thanks to the service staff that have to work to get you to where you are going safely and as quickly as possible. They have families too that are missing them. 



XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts