Je Suis Paris

Eiffel Tower
My photo 2008
I woke here in Australia to the news reports of the horrible attacks in Paris. I had am shift and kept up to date with the unfolding events. I have lived a short time in France and I have always said if I can't live in Australia then to settle in France would be ideal. It hurts so much to see these attacks on innocent people in the city of love. I remember spending time in the streets of Paris, the last time being 2008, and feeling safe. You don't get this is most cities
What is wrong with this world. Why do redicals think this is the way to go? Why ? Why? Why? I have even pondered this whe we had out seige here in Sydney. It defies any logic.


"Paris prosecutor Francois Molins confirmed 129 people had been killed and another 352 were injured, with 99 in critical condition. French officials said seven attackers operated in three teams throughout the city."


"There were at least six attacks: the Bataclan concert hall; Stade de France (the national stadium), La Carillon bar in the  10th arrondissement, La Petit Cambodge in the 10th arrondissement, La Belle Equipe in the 11th arrondissement, and La Casa Nostra in the 11th arrondissement" From new reports.


Sydney and Australia stand with the people of France and our hearts break for the senseless loss of life and the terror that people feel. The sight of the army and police at every major building is an opressive sight. I am sure it adds to the feeling of fear. :(


Photos above from ABC News - Sydney Opera House and Sydney Town Hall. The French flag flies over the Harbour bridge. 
"NSW Premier Mike Baird on Saturday said he would have a French flag made if he could not find one the right size.

"I've asked for French flag to fly over the Harbour Bridge. There isn't one in the country big enough. If we can't find one, we'll make one," Mr Baird tweeted."

Arc de Trimph
My Photo 2008 Arc de Triomphe


Lovely isn't she?
My Photo Notre Dame 2008


Eiffel Tower @ Night
2008 at night - My photo




Eiffel Tower @ Night
Paris, we love you xoxo





Comments

Popular Posts