Up then down

I hwent up to Pennant Hills to meet a friend. Coffe, chat then home. I was in a bubbly mood, and I even managed to grab the film from the chemists as they opened. It was a happy day.  Then, I looked at my film. THis time I was aiming for natural colours to show the beauty of the place and I got.. well.. lomo. Not before you start, I have used this camera and gotten colour before, but from a local film. (Ironically the cross processed film)

Odd colours from Lubitel
Odd colours from Lubitel

These other films were from Lomo in Hong Kong and I had high expectations and people were raving about this film. Great colur they said, great vivid blues they said. I got green. Monochormoatic green. I fiddled with the scans but to no avail. I was crest fallen. As Lomo photoas they are great and the detail shows. BUT I was after natural colour. Only thing that has been suggested to me is that the x-rays thay all of australia mail is subjected to may have ruined the film. But ISO 200 should not have been that sensitve...  The story was the same with the spinner.
Spinner Roll 3 x-ray damage?
Spinner Roll 3 x-ray damage?
All odd blues in this case. This was an ISO 800 film. Grump. the ISO 200 which is slower than recomended for this camera worked much better. Damn.

This and the fact I could not contact someone blew out my happy mood for the rest of the evening. Shame. I had such high hopes for my one night off.

Comments

Popular Posts